Triangle Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triangle Message Board

Forum for residents of the Triangle to stay connected and in touch.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to the TriangleBack to the Triangle  

Triangle Business Community

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia Peddie

Triangle Business Community Empty
PostSubject: Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:06 am

Thanks to Lisa for getting this website going - thank you! Today I spoke with some Marysville business owners who are very frustrated about lack of access, information, communication etc and we discussed the possibility of setting up a weekly business community get together - to help each other pool resources, start planning from scratch and just supporting each other. If you are interested or have suggestions, or maybe there is already something started that others don't know about yet, please blog on! or if you have any info ask the Triangle News to publish it. We need a Triangle venue and a regular time that suits most people... I look forward to hearing from other small business owners soon.
Julia Peddie
(graphic designer/art therapist)
Narbethong
Back to top Go down
http://www.juliapeddie.com
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:26 am

Hi Julia, While I don't have an interest in any small business (apart from community businesses such as school, Kinder and transport!), I am very interested in businesses. In particular, communication between businesses and the public, and between businesses themselves. One suggestion I would like to make, is that if you do get a group together, or if there is an existing group/s, that you create an online meeting space - a virtual meeting - , and feed the results of that back to residents and potential visitors through a website/s (perhaps even this one?) Information I know I would find useful includes: which businesses are still operating, what their hours are, what they do and how to contact them.
As to the Triangle News, of any posts to this forum, ones that mention the Triangle News definitely generate the most interest. I believe it is the most well read, credible - even loved - document we have in the Triangle and should be used at every opportunity.
Thanks for your input
Back to top Go down
TammieL

PostSubject: Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:12 am

Hi Julie and Lisa,
My name is Tammie and I am from CRUMBS from the top shop. We are planning to return to Marysville when it is rebuilt and would like to be a part of helping in any way we can. We are currently finding a temporary kitchen to continue trade until we can return to Marysville but even then we are unsure if the owner of our building will rebuild or even if we are able to rent there again. All things to come I am sure.
We would love to be part of communicating with other businesses and the community. I am contactable on 0408557121 if there is anything I can do to help. We live in Healesville so if anyone is around and just needs a cuppa and a chat we are always around.
Thanks

Tammie Livingstone
CRUMBS
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:14 am

Thanks Tammie. I trust there will be biscuits with that cuppa! Good luck with finding a temporary facility.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Foodworks for Temporary Village?   Triangle Business Community EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:38 am

This from the latest Murrindindi Recovery Newsletter: Reddrops are investigating the establishment of a temporary Foodworks as part of the [Marysville] village
establishment.
Back to top Go down
Julia Peddie

PostSubject: community business support   Triangle Business Community EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 2:56 pm

I think we have an opportunity to combine resources for different businesses on a temporary basis to share facilities such as kitchens, toilets, cafe space at the temporary community site being set up by the Shire and community development committee - especially during this winter season. I am wanting to run some art therapy classes for kids, teens and adults, and am trying to source funding through Shire etc. I am interested in what mums and people think the need would be and when. thanks - Julia
Back to top Go down
http://www.juliapeddie.com
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:06 am

Julia, Great Idea. One of the things that has always presented itself to me as a challenge in a community such as ours, is that there is great pressure on volunteer community members to administer...There are upwards of 30 committees that I can identify that operate around our district. Thats 30 secretaries, 30 Treasurers, 30 Presidents...and all those reports and minutes. Add to that businesses, and you have a huge requirement for office-type facilities. Computers, printers, Meeting rooms (always a challenge to find an affordable meeting venue), phone etc. (I sit on 5 committees executives. I can't even begin to estimate how much that costs me in equipment, paper, phone, admin time). Several years ago I saw a community facility started in a Mallee town, called postcode 3*** (can't remember the postcode!). Like a community house, but more business oriented, with facilities for organisations to get organised, and space for all the arts. The vision has stayed with me.
As to art therapy, I think the need will be high, its just that it may not be recognised. If you can make it available, I would love to see children's groups. I for one would certainly access it for my 4 children, and encourge others.
Back to top Go down
pamsmith

PostSubject: Re:Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Well...As I know Van leasing is a viable option for businesses, self-employed people and those who are looking to lease a van for private use. Well moreover leasing a Van its best that buy a new vehicle we know in this hard economic times, not everyone has the funds or is able to arrange for the finance to buy a new van. With the tax benefits also..we can say it wa beneficial also..!!

Back to top Go down
James Martin

PostSubject: Re: Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes well said, I must say this is quite good platform specially for those who are looking for self employed business. People should approach this so that they can earn money as per their efforts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triangle Business Community   Triangle Business Community Empty

Back to top Go down

Triangle Business Community
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Triangle Message Board :: Triangle :: For Businesses-
Jump to: