Triangle Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triangle Message Board

Forum for residents of the Triangle to stay connected and in touch.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to the TriangleBack to the Triangle  

Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
josim

Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents Empty
PostSubject: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 am

A Community meeting for Buxton, Marysville and Narbethong residents will take place at 5pm on Thursday 19 February at the Marysville Golf Course.
A free sausage sizzle with follow.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Request for more information   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:01 am

Hello josim. Just wondering if you have any more information about this meeting, particularly for those of us who are in Melbourne and beyond, who may not have the chance to get there, and are not around to catch the word-of-mouth in Alex or the Triangle. Of particular interest is what will be discussed, so we can make a judgment about whether or not we can make arrangements to attend
Back to top Go down
josim

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:32 am

Hi Lisa,
I tried replying to this message but got an error, so instead of retyping everything again do you think you could try contacting me this afternoon at work so that we can discuss your queries re Marysville's Community Meeting today.
5772 0313.

Many Thanks
Back to top Go down
david676

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 am

Tonight (19/2) I spoke with Healesville Police, asking about access to Marysville. Advice was to call Operation Phoenix at Police HQ (9247 6666). Policeman there was very chatty, but explaining that
- left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing for many things....
- any decision on re-opening will rest with 3 senior officers of DFE, Police and CFA
- doesn't know who will be the Police decision maker
- still a crime scene, so that situation needs to be finished
- the investigation team is headquartered at Yea
- if residents (eg this forum) want to get information, almost certainly no one person or contact can give the answers. Would need to split up tasks and nominated people take a specific contact job. Maybe the meeting at the golf club tonight will suggest how to do this.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi David676, Are you able to give us a run-down on tonight's meeting? I know of quite a few people who are temporarily in Melbourne and couldn't make it. If you are agreeable, I would also like to post the report on the Trianglefamily blogs pages.
Back to top Go down
david676

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Sorry, I didnt make the meeting - if anyone reading this did, please let us know about it.

By the way, I tried posting a note to this effect earlier today, but it seems not to have stuck. My name is David Harrison. Our holiday house was in Lady Talbot Drive, Marysville.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Welcome David, I'm afraid I'm very new at forums, and can't explain why your earlier post fell off. If it happens again, please send me a personal mail (pm) message and I will try and sort it out. The host website has only been up and running for a few days, and I must say I'm delighted that people are finding it and using it. Suggests to me that it is a needed service. We have spread far and wide since last Saturday, many people have new contact numbers and it is not easy to stay in touch. Look forward to hearing from you again.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie Simons

PostSubject: Last night's meeting at golf club   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 am

My husband, sister and I drove up from Melbourne to the meeting last night.

There were updates from the police and other services. This article in The Age had a report on the meeting, "Lucky club that avoided the flames is the new heart of town"

Some of the things that were reported were:

Police think they should be finished by about the middle of next week so it will be a bit longer before residents who are not in Marysville can go back.

The golf club will become a community hub and resource centre as long as needed, and a 'project manager' (ex polly Kim Wilde from WA) will coordinate the process. He is happy to speak with anyone who has ideas or wants to help. Services and assistance will be housed there.

Asbestos may be an issue and protective clothing needs to be worn when returning, but disposable suits will be available presumably from the resource centre/golf club.

There is to be a coordinated clean up in Marysville which residents can opt out of if they like but not till everyone has had a chance to return to their own property.

SP Ausnet is working on getting power back.

Portable housing will be set up at the golf club.

Australia Post will set up as soon as possible.

The nursery at the Camel Farm will be receiving truckloads of plants which will be available to residents.

Giant yellow ribbons which have been signed by residents will be tied on the trees in the main street.

The kinder is soon to be set up in Acheron.

One thing that was not in the paper but which was reported at the meeting was that Russell Crowe and people and business in Coffs Harbour have pledged to build a you beaut community centre in Marysville.

This is my recollection so I hope I've reported accurately.

Bonnie from Woodbine
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks Bonnie, that's a lot of info. I must qualify that the Kinder has not got a license to operate out of Acheron at this stage, so we cannot run kindergarten sessions. We will be looking at running hosted play sessions in the meantime. The venue is by no means finalised.
Was there any mention of inclusion and communication for those who are not able to be in the area at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie Simons

PostSubject: Last night's meeting at golf club   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:45 am

Yes, you're right. It was announced that there would be hosted play sessions, not actual kinder sessions.

Re communication for people not in the area Cherie Ackerman was taking names, phone numbers and emails for people not in the area to be contacted and advised of information and meetings etc.

I put my name on that list and will endeavour to post any information that I get. I imagine you would be able to contact Cherie also to put your name on the list.

There's also a community newsletter than you can get via email which has fire updates, road closures and other recovery response info.
Send a blank email to
EildonInformation-subscribe@topica.com and then follow the instructions that come to you in an email to register.

Bonnie
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:56 am

Thanks again. Have registered over at Topica - and to think, until last week I'd never even visited a forum (except for the Virtual Irish Pub, and that was years ago)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents   Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents Empty

Back to top Go down

Community Information Meeting for Triangle Residents
Page 1 of 1