Triangle Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triangle Message Board

Forum for residents of the Triangle to stay connected and in touch.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to the TriangleBack to the Triangle  

Getting back into Marysville - any news?

Go down 
+5
Jacky
lisa nolte
Phelps family
angie
swobies
9 posters
AuthorMessage
swobies

Getting back into Marysville - any news? Empty
PostSubject: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 am

Has anyone heard any news about how far away we are from being allowed back in? Has anyone called the police contacts that were provided to see if they have any more information?
Back to top Go down
angie

PostSubject: getting back   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:25 am

Hi sadly received a phone call on Monday afternoon regarding the back of our property from Senior Constable Steve Cardin. Due to human remains recently found behind our property...it will be weeks. A minimum of 2 he said!
Angie
Back to top Go down
Phelps family

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 am

Rocky also heard similar news, saying 3 weeks before he is allowed back in
Back to top Go down
swobies

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm

I think the target date to get access to Marysville again is 20 March, based on what I've seen in the papers.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/return-to-marysville-at-least-two-weeks-away-20090308-8sfy.html
Back to top Go down
swobies

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:49 am

Anyone with some info on what will happen this Friday? Should we make plans to come up from Melbourne or is it likely that we need to wait until the weekend?
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Hello. I'm back on line and back in Buxton. There is quite a bit of talk going on over at marysvillecommunity, particularly pertaining to part-time Marysville residents. You may find it interesting. It doesn't pertain particularly to this topic, but I think it will get around to it.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Sorry folks, I missed this one. Been out of action for a couple of days. New government rebuilding site wewillrebuild
Back to top Go down
swobies

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 am

I spoke to the police this morning - Friday is still the target to open the town for residents (which includes holiday house owners), but to quote "things are changing every day so it could be earlier".
Back to top Go down
Jacky

PostSubject: It may not be this weekend   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 am

It sounds from the Recovery newsletter (on Shire website) that we will not be getting in this weekend.

I hope I misread it but on Saturday Christine Nixon etc will inform residents of "a planned return to their properties." More information tomorrow. It sounds ominous to me.

We had shuffled the kids off for Saturday and I have to work the following weekend and so we cannot go up then if our 48 hour window of opportunity is delayed a week. I know they have a difficult job but some good reliable information to plan our lives around would be useful.

Especially tricky when we have the Council's threat of a 48 hour notice to make our properties safe from the council looming over us and the prospect of the public traipsing through any day now.

We know we had at least part of a brick wall still standing, so presumably we have to do something - if someone has not knocked it down.
Back to top Go down
James Grady

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:50 am

Afternoon all.

From what information I have gather from down in Melburne thought friends and contacts.

The order will be lifted on friday that has been put in place by the cornor. may be extended but unlikely. But the councial is look to close the town ship off to Non Rate paying residents.Only people with a very good reason will get in.

Time frame for this ban on non residents I do not know.

Whats does this mean.

I am not sure, I personaly will be returning with two survivors to see where, my brother passed away and to see if any thing salvagable surived. Given photos on the net that is very unlikely as no building in there property are still standing.

All I tell every one is that the whole township that has relocated are in the same situation we are waiting for relavent information and the system will let us know soon I hope.

I hope and pray locals can get in this week end but we as a community have to wait and see what the system does. It's not perfect as I belive we have all found out over the last 6 weeks but that is what is in place so lets just wait and see.

Lets wait till we hear from the police.

James
Back to top Go down
James Grady

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:48 am

Its changed again.

Do not know what is happening

insert appriate comments here
Back to top Go down
Dirk

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 am

Hi all, fist time post here.

I am, like most getting frustrated by the continued lack of access to our properties in Marysville. Each day I look for more information about when we can gain access and I'm still struggling to get full confirmation of any date or time.

This weekend we had hopes we would get in, but phone calls I've made today now show little chance that this will be the case. I've talked to a number of people, including Police in Marysville and in summary of the conversations, I learned the following:

The meeting on Saturday at 1:00pm will be a briefing to provide ratepayers with details about the plan of access to the town. We will be given information, but we won't have the access yet.

The indication from on member late today has indicated that Grocon will be in attendance and all ratepayers will be required to sign off on a document allowing them access to the properties so they can remove anything dangerous. Once that is done, we will have access, perhaps for up to a week. IIf this is the case, how long will we have to wait again until we can get in?

I feel like we are under far more restriction than others in fire damaged area's. Waiting six weeks and still no access with may be some time yet is just unthnkable.

I hope I'm wrong, but the comments I got really concerned me.

Regards,
Dirk.
Back to top Go down
James Grady

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:25 am

I agree with you Dirt in regards to the worring information coming out of my contacts.

Seems that ever one whats to cover there arse in regards to safety some thing maybe to do with the councails insurance policy.

If this information is correct I do belive that there will be a few people arresseed, Myself included as being a construstion worker myself, I am not going to sit down and listen to some person tell me how to do my job in Marysville. Not when I have to drive 2 to 3 hours to get up there to be turn around again.

James
Back to top Go down
jezzabelle

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 am

Well James, if you are not prepared to be turned away from Marysville, my suggestion is that you don't waste your time travelling there, and also unless you are on the clean up team I don't think they will be telling you how to do your job......maybe you should just sit back and let them do their jobs, and I must add, they are doing their jobs wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
James Grady

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:31 pm

All I am after is the right information before I make the drive.

I don't want to be told I can not enter town after the meeting on saturday to find out out every one who attend the meeting gains access straight away on to their properies. And this is based on two elderly residents of Marysville who can not make the drive to be turn away at spitting distance from their property, where thier son died and my brother died.

If any one has relavent information, please post it here as the offical channels dont say the same thing more than once. And that is driving me and most people I know up the bloody wall.

Every work up there to my knowlege is a saint, but like straight after the fire I had major trouble with a service and it was not the people, it the lack of procedures and systems in place to deal with such a large emergancy, not the person follwing them.

That is where this site comes in. To me it a group of hurting people just trying to find relavent inforamtion about Marysville and the surrounding areas.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Saturday's meeting   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Here is the content of the invitation to the Saturday community Meeting. This is what I am expecting to be discussed. It is clear that there is confusion on this point. I have heard people say they are expecting this just to be about Marysville. I am taking the invitation to be the official agenda. This notice is not the one that came direct from Christine Nixon's office. It is posted on the marysvillecommunity website. For the information that was sent to this forum, please see the announcement under 'community gatherings and meetings'. It is only slightly different.

Meeting With Christine Nixon
When: Saturday 21st March @ 1pm
Where: Marysville Golf & Bowls Club
Christine Nixon, Chair of the Victorian Bushfire Recovery and Reconstruction
Authority invites residents of the Marysville, Granton, Narbethong, Buxton,
Taggerty, Lake Mountain, and areas to join her at a community meeting on
Saturday 21 March 2009.
A key goal of the Authority is to ensure that local people have a chance to be
actively involved in the process of recovery and rebuilding in their communities
and this forum is the first step toward building a close working relationship with
communities.
Commencing at 1pm with a light lunch, the community meeting will provide
information about the Authority, its role and how it will work with local communi-
ties. The meeting will also include some information from the Victorian Bushfire
Appeal Fund advisory panel.
The meeting was originally scheduled for 14th March but has been
changed out of respect for a memorial service scheduled for that date.
Ms Nixon and her team will be visiting around 20 bushfire-affected communities
to hold similar discussions over the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
swobies

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:36 am

There are some posts in the marysvilllecommunity.net page saying that the roadblocks have been removed.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

I have also had people report verbally that access is possible now, however, the global message that was forwarded to mobiles reads 'Marysville reopens to residents only this Saturday 21 March. Details at MUST ATTEND MEETING at Marysville Golf Club - 1pm Saturday.
The no access to Marysville signs are still in place at Buxton and Narby.
Back to top Go down
Sharon Garnet

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 am

From speaking to police late this afternoon, the main street remains blocked off thus no one will be able to access roads such as Falls Rd etc.
Back to top Go down
swobies

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:37 am

Sounds like it's best just to drive up and see what happens ... I guess it's quite hard to describe exactly to us what is and isn't open. We're coming up from Melbourne in the morning, so will be there around 11am or so.
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm

There is quite a lengthy re-entry conversation going on over at marysvillecommunity. Its well worth checking out as some posts are coming from 'inside' Marysville
Back to top Go down
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Check out this Age newspaper report from this afternoon: The Age
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into Marysville - any news?   Getting back into Marysville - any news? Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting back into Marysville - any news?
Page 1 of 1