Triangle Message Board

Forum for residents of the Triangle to stay connected and in touch.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to the TriangleBack to the Triangle  

Share | 

Personal reflections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lisa nolte

PostSubject: Personal reflections   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 am

Hello. Its time to get personal. When I started this website, it was only a couple of days after Feb 7. People had scattered everywhere, information was patchy and hard to come by. The original intention of this site was to be a reassurance that things would return to normal, that we might be scattered, but our networks are still strong.
Since then, the emphasis has been on information. Putting our vastly different experiences into a context, and delivering information in manageable chunks.
The forums have been great for this.
I have noticed, particularly in the last week or so, that people are now wanting more than information. Personal contact is increasing, and many more people are cruising the site - perhaps looking for a conversation? The forums are a two-way street. Feel free to share your thoughts, images and ideas for the future, plus anything else you can think of. I will continue to post information, but there will be more of the personal stuff (not too personal, please Smile)
See you on the forums?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swobies

PostSubject: Re: Personal reflections   Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:09 am

Lisa,

Actually I think the forum will become more important over the coming days and weeks. Information in the newspapers is getting less and less as the bushfires become less newsworthy, and we'll all need to look to resources like this one for information, advice, suggestions and support.

Keep up the good work - I think it's a "build it and they will come" kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Personal reflections
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1